Goat cheese boreks with tarragon, parsley, and chives
This was inspired by a fellow blogger and the brittle yufka sitting in my fridge.
- Fine chop one tbsp of parsley, one tbsp of chives, and two tbsp of tarragon
- Crumble half cup of goat manouri and half cup of goat feta
- Toss the herbs and cheeses together into a uniform mixture. Season with fresh ground black pepper. Add one tsp of crushed red peppers
- Whisk 1/3 c of olive oil with 1/3 cup of water. Apply the mixture to two sheets of yufka. This makes the yufka more malleable and creates a crispier, flakier final product.
- Shape your borek pie n the pan you’ll be using the to fry; fold the yufka evenly enveloping the ingredients in even layers
- Remove from pan
Add two tbsp of butter to the pan and melt on medium heat. Add the pie back to the pan, lower the temperature to medium low and cook for 12-15 minutes. Check the bottom of the pie for doneness. Set the pie aside, put two more tbsp of butter, put the other side of the pie in the pan and cook for another ten minutes.
The final product will be very much like a quesadilla but flakier, with a range of textures.